Friday, November 6, 2009

Shootings at Fort Hood Texas

A good friend of mine was stationed in Fort Hood Texas while he served in the United States Army straight from highschool.When his time in the military was up he decided to become a Federal SWAT Officer and continued to reside in Texas. Well, Yestersay I recieved a text message from him letting everyone know he was safe, and that it has been a hard day for him.




I guess I didn't put two and two together until that moment. I had heard about the mass shooting on the base but assumed he was no longer military and was safe. Well I was wrong. Due to being a swat officer, as soon as the shooting started he was called in. He arrived on scene at 2:00pm and joined in the chaos. He spent 9 hours securing the base, clearing out buildings,making sure there was noone else involved (other than the shooter, they had already taken down) and supporting the United States Army in their time of need.




I am so proud of him, and so grateful he is safe, and that he was there to help.





He is front left in this picture.





Front Right in both of these.










1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a relief for you and his family that he is safe and sound. It's so scary when we realize that some one we love is SO close to harms way. I'm thankful for people like him that put their life on the line everyday for us so we can enjoy our many freedoms!

    ReplyDelete