Friday, February 26, 2010

Pneumonia Part 1

February 9th was like any other day. I went to work, got a spray tan, hung out at my cousin's house, went to dinner, got home around 10:30pm, crawled into bed and went to sleep............

Then it all changed. Around 2:00am I woke up feeling achey and nauseous, and I had sharp pain on my right side. I threw up a few times and went back to bed hoping it was a bug or something I ate.

The vomiting and pain continued every hour until 4:30am. At this point the pain in my side was unbearable. I woke RJ up and he took me straight to the ER. The nurse behind the check in counter took my vitals and was immediately concerned by my heart rate (130), and took me right back to be seen.

Tears were flowing down my face and I tried my best to answer all the questions they were throwing at me. Right away they hooked me up to a heart monitor, drew blood, took my temperature (which was 105!),and gave me two IV's. After all that was finished I was sent for an X-Ray.

The pain got so bad I could barely breathe. The nurse gave me a dose of Morphine, and a dose of Zofran for nausea. I was also given oxygen and tylenol to lower my fever. Finally a doctor came in and explained I had Pneumonia in both lungs and he suspected I had Sepsis but he would need to wait on my blood cultures to know for sure.

Once I was told I would be admitted I had RJ call my parents to let them know what was going on and we waited for a room.

To Be Continued......

1 comment:

  1. First let me thank you for checking in on me and worrying about me! I've been so freaking busy the past couple of months that if I had taken one hour out of what sleep I did get I would have never been finished for the wedding and I might have just collapsed where I stood!
    Secondly...I HOPE your feeling better!!! That pneumonia sounds like it came on super fast! How scary for you and I'm so glad RJ was there to take you to the hospital. How are you feeling now?
    I've had a horrible sinus infection that has turned to bronchitis and I am SO sick of coughing my ribs ache so I can't imagine how sick you have been...get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete