RJ and I headed up to Brookline, MA. after work so I could attend Matt Logelin's book signing. He read a chapter out loud, and also read his letter to his daughter Madeline from the back of the book. It really made his book come alive for me hearing him read the words he wrote with such raw emotion.
His story is a memoir of loss & love. On March 24, 2008 Matt and his wife Liz welcomed their baby girl Madeline, 7 weeks early. She was beautiful and healthy but needed to be in the NICU for safe measure. Meanwhile Liz waited anxiously in her hospital bed on order from her doctor to stay put for 24 hrs before she could hold her little girl.
On March 25, 2008 Liz suffered a Pulmonary Embolism and died instantly without ever getting the chance to hold Madeline.
Matt was left dealing with the loss of his beautiful wife, and the newborn daughter he instantly fell in love with. Only 27 Hrs between the birth of his daughter, and the loss of his wife.
I was so grateful that I had the opportunity to meet such an amazing man and father. It was everything I imagined it would be. If you haven't had the chance to read his book yet I suggest you go out and purchase it. You will be touched beyond belief.
Visit him here: http://www.mattlogelin.com/ he writes as often as he can on his life in LA with Madeline.





No comments:
Post a Comment