A Solider, Hero, Husband, Father, Son, & Brother.
December 4, 1897-November 5, 2010
Sgt. Michael Paranzino was KIA (killed in action) on November 5, 2010 in Kandahar, Afghanistan by an improvised explosives device, or IED, while patroling with his platoon.
Sgt. Paranzino served our Country for 3 1/2 years in both Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Opertion Enduring Freedom. He was only 22 years old (just a month shy of 23). He is survived by his Wife Lindsey, and sons Maxton & Logan,as well as thousands of mourners, including myself.
On November 15,2010 Middletown, RI buried Sgt. Paranzino with a High Honor Military Funeral. It was beautiful and I will forever be grateful for him <3 May you RIP Michael.
Sgt. Michael Paranzino was the 23rd Soldier from my hometown of Rhode Island to die since September 11, 2001.
I will miss you Michael.








Oh Danielle I'm so sorry to learn of the loss of your friend. Every time a soldier dies I say prayers for them and their loved ones. I am so VERY grateful for the ultimate scrifice they have so selflessy made for ALL of us. It always bothers me more when there is a loss during the Holiday season for some reason it just seems to be compounded...especially when there is an empty spot at the Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner table. I hope you have a happy and healthy New Year!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your kind words Liz. It means a lot to me. The day they brought Michael home to Rhode Island I saw the most amazing sunset. I know in my heart it was him.
ReplyDeleteFor the longest time I couldn't get it out of my head how unfair it was that he had only been back in Afghanistan for a couple days before he was KIA. Then I realized that it was a blessing that he was just home with his family on leave, he got to come home and see his son first.
It's the little things like that I try to be grateful for. I know your family is the same way. I absolutely thought about Sage during the Holiday season. I am so glad to see you are updating again.
God Bless you and your family.