Friday, April 16, 2010

Tattoo



"It's the heart that matters more" means more to me than I can explain, but I will try.

The Counting Crows are a family favorite. Their music brings back good memories from my childhood. Happy times when my family would road trip to upstate New York and spend time together at my Uncle Jerry's farmhouse.

At any given time you could hear us sings the songs as loud as we could, or if we were to caught up in sharing stories, you could hear it playing in the background.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Uncle Jerry passed away in January of 2002 at 50 years old.

A lot of years have come & gone since my Uncle passed away but everytime we hear a song by the Counting Crows we all stop & remember the times we spent together as a family.

Well one night late last summer my cousins and I were all sitting around the fire pit together listening once again to the Counting Crows and decided we would all get family tattoos to honor Uncle Jerry.

I searched through the lyrics I have heard so many times through out my life and picked the one that stood out the most to me. 
"It's the heart that matters more" from the song Omaha.

I was the first to make an appointment.










After all my family is my heart, and nothing means more to me than family!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jayme. I had it done months ago and because it's on the foot it faded a lot. I went last night and had it redone and it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete